Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me!

"The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age." Lucille Ball I celebrated the best birthday ever! I woke to my children (8) and (5) serving me a cream cheese cupcake donned with sprinkles... and coffee. You know it's going to be a good day! We lounged all morning on the porch swing in the beautiful weather. The weather man fore casted a wet rainy day much like the day before. Libbie and I dropped Hoot off with Dad and we headed to a dear friends birthday party. Libbie is still very much a daddy's girl... I knew a meltdown was coming when I dropped Hoot and she didn't get to stay too. To my surprise... she held it together and seemed to enjoy our car ride into the city. We were headed to a party at a gymnastics club. I wasn't sure how she would react knowing that she could not do what the other girls could do. Again to my surprise she was a true to Libbie form! She never slowed down and participated in everything with the other girls. She even tried the zip line into the foam pit. I stood in amazement and teared up a few times. After the party we went to the birthday girl's house to help open gifts. Libbie told me Kate was her very best friend ever. My heart was happy. I got to play ping pong with two wonderful guys! I haven't played in years and it was soooo much fun. Since the rain held off I got to do a sibling session with 5 amazing people who are going to surprise their mother with pictures for mothers day! We had plans to go back into Houston for a birthday dinner, but on a whim I decided I'd rather head to the beach. I've wanted to take beach pics of my kids since we didn't take them last week with our group session. This can be a stressful situation for this mama... I can be a little OCD... when it comes to my kids pics and their cooperation. Luckily when things didn't go the way I had envisioned I decided to roll with it and just have a good time. The Doll cooperated and I think even enjoyed wearing the tutu (temporarily). They could not wait to get in the water so we didn't get any great shots, but we had the best time ever! We had dinner at our favorite haunt and then drove home with two sleepy babes. Thank you to all my friends and family for making my day so sweet. Here we go with the pics... DSC_0500 DSC_0503 DSC_0548 notice the affectionate hand hold... and here is where we lose it. I come to grips that we are not going to have a sweet photo session DSC_0555 she is not sure if she should laugh or stay serious... you never know how mom will react... you can see the nervous reaction in her eyes... DSC_0556 this could be bad... Owen They dance DSC_0579 DSC_0590 DSC_0599 DSC_0601 DSC_0602 DSC_0610 who could not be happy!! DSC_0613 DSC_0623 DSC_0626 My sweet Hoot! DSC_0633 Wedges and pearls.... DSC_0653 DSC_0658 For Lambert (who says I never post pics of myself... not photogenic at all) But still flexible DSC_0666 DSC_0668 He had to show me up!!! DSC_0672 A blessed day indeed!

4 comments:

  1. Happy BIrthday to one of THE SWEETEST friends I have ever known. Thank you So much for spending part of your birthday with us. Kate told us several times that seeing Libbie was the best part of her party. When we planned this party, one of the first things Kate wondered was whether Libbie would be able to participate in a gymnastics party. I too had tears in my eyes seeing your can do girl! We love you guys.


    Harry and Dave also really enjoyed playing ping pong with you. You got game, girl!

    LOVE all of these photos, Shelly. You look beautiful! Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday!

    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES and LOVE! LOVE! LOVE the pics of your family! It's good to see you in FRONT OF THE CAMERA! BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these, especially the ones of YOU ...how FUN!!!! What a great day, Happy Birthday wishes to you!! You have a beautiful family!! And that Miss Libbie dancing and laughing .....sooooo precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos. Love them all, but the jumping ones are really fun. Love it.

    ReplyDelete