Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings

We are truly a blessed nation. We've spent a lot of time learning about missions this year. Many of our friends have traveled to Haiti to be the hands and feet of Jesus. The reports they bring back astound us. Yes, there is devastation everywhere, but in the midst of all the suffering the Christian people of Haiti praise God with joy and thanksgiving in their hearts. Almost every testimony that we've heard includes an account of how the people worship. (not like we worship on Sunday) but with loud shouts of praises to the King. Their eyes light up and their voices can be heard throughout the streets riddled with death and decay. We've heard the truth that through suffering the follower of Christ will draw closer to him... I've never suffered. Not a day in my life have I ever experienced suffering.

Job 36:15
But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction.
Interesting passage... it doesn't say he will deliver them from their suffering, it says he will deliver them in the midst of their suffering.

The people of Haiti are experiencing God in their suffering. This amazes me and I am thankful. I am thankful that I have a relationship with the God who is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He doesn't change and he has given me everything I could ever need because he sent his son to pay the debt for my ugly sin. Every blessing is from Him. Thanks be to God!

James 1:16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for The Cross and the ultimate price that was paid so that I could have a relationship with God!! I will praise him with loud shouts and thanksgiving in my heart!!

I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving and reflect on all the blessings you are thankful for too!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this message and honoring God with your words - He is amazing! So much to be thankful for...speaking of, the sign I made myself. It is such a special song to us and it was really easy to whip up. Let me know if you want more details - I would be happy to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. A wonderful reminder!

    ReplyDelete