Monday, December 6, 2010

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas!

When Spencer our Elf on the Shelf shows up, the Christmas season officially begins for our family. This is our third year with Spencer and true to his timely tradition, he arrived December 1st!

DSC_4011

I had already decorated nine trees, mantles, wreaths, bathrooms churches.... you get the picture. I was kinda dreading pulling everything out. Don't get me wrong I love it... all of it. I love this season and I love the message that I am reminded of each year. After we made our trip to the Best Tree Farm EVER... I quickly got back in the spirit. We had an awesome time stalking the best tree (for one hour) and then cutting it down. Hoot even called, "TIMMMMBBERRR!!" It was only 6 feet...

DSC_4019

DSC_4028

We came home and the trimming commenced!

DSC_4043

href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lambfam5/5240208658/" title="DSC_4052 by slambert4, on Flickr">DSC_4052 src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5290/5240208658_1d9fdd69f6_z.jpg" width=640>

Next week, we'll begin baking... Hoot and I have a lot of fun in the kitchen. Libbie's birthday is next week so we're planning a full on family party for her. We'll have cake and ice cream and maybe Chinese take out!!!

We're having Christmas Eve at our house this year. We're having seafood gumbo, shrimp and grits, homemade pralines, and lots more goodies. I can't wait. This is a wonderful cookbook for family celebrations. I received it as a gift from a sweet friend who is a member of The Houston Junior League.

DSC_4054 src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5122/5240208936_bb4108a3f1_b.jpg" width=1024>

This is one of many of my treasured Christmas favs... My step mom gets these from a very talented lady in Indiana. She makes them from vintage scraps and sells them at Christmas craft shows and fairs. I got this little guy a couple of years ago as a gift. I loved it so much I asked her to keep an eye out for one this year. We have pretty similar taste... She called me Saturday morning and texted me a photo of this little sweetie... there were several she picked out, but she only had send me one photo and he was mine!!!
P1040861
P1040856


I love unique handmade or vintage treasures best!

I truly do love Christmas, but not for all the decorating, glitz, shopping and gifts. The message of Christmas is just so peaceful and amazing. He took two young people who were willing to be obedient (Mary and Joseph) and gave us the savior of the world. The name Immanuel, God with us... brings hope, peace, and joy. How could we ask for more? Enjoy this Christmas season and I hope you find hope, peace and joy.

Luke 2: 8-14 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

DSC_4041 src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5049/5240210440_da536dd549_b.jpg" width=685>


3 comments:

  1. Santa is on his way! Hope you love him and he goes will with your decor......he is so much cuter in person than the pics show. Looks like you guys had fun at the tree farm......going to cut our tree every year is one of our favorite holiday events, your dad and I are like little kids looking for the perfect tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I meant "well" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT news about your LOA!!!!!! That is awesome. I love the photos of the tree farm. Hope you are well:)

    ReplyDelete