Monday, December 27, 2010

NVC!!!

Libbie's room looks like this.... it's a pink explosion! I hope to have photos of the finished product next week. (if I stay on track) It came today!! Totally unexpected. I called the NVC (National Visa Center) this morning only to hear the message, "The NVC is closed today due to weather"... They're located in New Hampshire... I checked the weather there and it looks really bad! So I thought, great, it will be another week before I can get an e-mail from them. All my sources say you MUST get an e-mail because snail mail could take up to three weeks.... I ran home after work and checked the mail and what to my wondering eyes did appear? A pretty white envelope from the NVC!!! Yippiee.. So what does this mean for our family?? you might ask... were patiently waiting on Article 5 which were told takes two weeks from the time our agency sends the NVC approval (which should be tomorrow) (we hope)THEN... drum roll please... we are waiting on TA (travel approval) So.... we are thinking we'll receive TA some time in January and be on track to travel in February!! There may be a back log of families waiting to travel right after the Chinese New Year.... We are hoping there won't be too many and that we'll get an appointment. We are sooo blessed.

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! I am so happy!!!! That room may be a little overwhelming for her Shelly!!! LOL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wondering about her room....can't wait to see pics! Congrats on taking another step closer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun room-I love pink. Good luck with the progress and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete