Monday, November 14, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

101521346_ss


I get butterflies around this time of year... EVERY year... It starts in November and lasts through the end of December. I started decorating houses for Christmas with a good friend about 5 years ago. It started out slow and gradually our clientele grew and grew. Last year I/we decorated 6 houses and a large church. That doesn't sound like a lot of homes but when you consider the VERY short time frame... it's a lot. Most women want their homes done right after Thanksgiving in time for Holiday entertaining. So we are busy little bees the first week of December. I am passionate about decorating for Christmas. I love it.. I adore over the top rooms as well as simple peaceful decorating that feels like coming home. I love a mantle that is spilling over with garlands and ribbons. I enjoy shopping for our clients and planning all the little details. Last year I had a full time job outside of the home (i used up vacation time to decorate)and a full time nanny to take care of Hoot... This year I am a SAHM with no help and the Doll will have surgery the last week of November! One of our clients is going to be on our local parade of homes this year so it's an honor to showcase our work. I traveled to Dallas this week to decorate my mom's tree which turned out fabulous (if I do say so myself). I'll post her photos after Thanksgiving. I won't be as involved this year, but I am so looking forward to filling homes with Christmas joy this season.
These photos inspire me and get my creative juices a flowing!
238

3055080164_d04bebbc6d
IMG_7990
I am helping two of my favorite friends host a private Gingerbread party that we acutioned off last year at Hoot's school. I can't wait for this event. I would love to have these centerpieces.
IMG_7990
IMG_7970

bhggarland

I love these ornaments. I collect them. what a great display

christmas

What a great quilt
IMG_2191

But first we will celbrate Thanksgiving and count our many blessings. We have so much to be thankful for this year! My heart is filled with thanksgiving as I look at my beautiful children and wonderful friends and family. Hope you enjoy this season and reflect on the many blessings all around.

3 comments: