Monday, November 28, 2011

Insanity

It's a crazy busy time right now in the life of me...Wednesday the Doll got her first haircut... PRECIOUS. She did great. She acted like a pro in the chair. we made a whirlwind of a trip to Dallas for Thanksgiving, which was a lot of fun! The kids had a ball. The weather was nice and the food was great. I am thankful... We returned home Friday due to Lambert's work schedule. I decorated a house Saturday and had the kiddos in tow... The photos below give a pretty accurate account of Thanksgiving Day... Saturday night we took the littles to visit Santa at the Galleria. I was expecting a LONG line of naughty and nice littles but to my amazement there was only one family ahead of us in line... what happened to photos with Santa??? Maybe it's the $25.00 price tag that goes with the visit. The boys visited the Lego store and then we had dinner at P.F. Changs... Yummy.I have been wiring ribbon and hanging ornaments until my hands are raw, but I love it. Spencer our Elf on the Shelf arrived last night and Hoots behavior improved immediately (not that he isn't always well behaved). I have one more house to do tomorrow morning and then I head to Shriners with the Doll for her pre-op visit. Earlllllly Wednesday morning she will have her first foot surgery. We'll be at Shriners for a couple days and then we'll return home for a six week recovery. FUN... after 6 weeks, she'll have her second surgery and then another 6 week recovery. Hoot starts basketball tomorrow... can't wait to see him play his first game. So with all that said, I am off to do more laundry and get ready for our big day tomorrow and bigger day Wednesday. Did I mention how busy we are these days??? Does laundry EVER end?? I feel like I wash/fold/press and then repeat in a vicious cycle.

We started the Thanksgiving weekend with fresh hair cuts for the kiddos!
DSC_6574
DSC_6579

My friend cuts hair from her home so it was play time with the girls after her cut. Hoot got to go on his first go-cart ride with his new best friend. He'll never want to go to Sports Clips again!
DSC_6580

DSC_6623
The littles donned the name "Team Turkey" this year... even Libster participated.She had no problem getting her hands dirty!
DSC_6589
DSC_6617

After prepping the turkey the kiddos (well the parents of the kiddos) each received an I-Pad II for an early Christmas gift. We won't all be together for Christmas so gifts were given early... we had no idea we were getting I-Pads... Look at the hi-jacking that took place. These kids were I-Pad PIRATES
DSC_6627
Team Turkey turned into Team Stinkers
DSC_6628

DSC_6630
Hoot was not so great at sharing so the Doll found the next best thing

DSC_6632
There are three littles and three I-Pads on the stairs... this is where they camped out for the rest of the day. And this is what we saw of them... Hineys
DSC_6643
DSC_6640
Smart Smart Littles
We ate YUMMY YUMMY treats
DSC_6650

Nothing fancy... but really tasty
DSC_6649

My moms tree in all it's glory
DSC_6637
DSC_6639
She wanted a fall tree since we would all be there for Thanksgiving... Not my taste, but it did turn out beautiful.
DSC_6633
These are a couple of the other trees I've done... they all start looking the same after a while.
DSC_6705
DSC_6708
DSC_6826

DSC_6824
My tree has to be my favorite ALL time tree EVER... I love it
DSC_6557

Leopard makes me happy
DSC_6553
DSC_6554

I know the trend is to go more natural with the burlap and the plaid this year, but I love a traditional tree kicked up a notch with leopard
DSC_6549

This was our Santa visit...
DSC_6718 Our turn next!!! No wait!
DSC_6737
Hoot looks a little nausiated and the doll is really not sure what's going on. She knows he has candy and she's wondering when she will receive it!
The Lego store was next
Hoot decided he should add this to his list
DSC_6753
Notice the number of parts...DSC_6755
Santa will not be delivering this to our home this year!

DSC_6752
I thought this was adorable

DSC_6749
Can you tell Hoot is in Lego DREAMLAND
Instead of visions of sugar plumbs... it will be Lego Plumbs!
He received a free Lego magazine
DSC_6763 Our whole family loves a good magazine:)
This is how he walked through the CROWDED Galleria
DSC_6760
We stopped at P.F Changs for dinner
No MORE TURKEY and a great place to people watch!
DSC_6769
DSC_6766
He's fun to watch too!

We had a ball! Great fun
DSC_6783
DSC_6786
Spencer made his way from the North Pole and behavior will be awesome for the rest of December!
DSC_6805
Guess who took over??!

Hope you all enjoy the season and keep in mind the true spirit.
Many Blessings,
SAL

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the doll's haircut...so so cute! Love the photo of her getting all up in that turkey too. Love the Santa photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trees are beautiful and I love all the pics of the kids. Praying for you all these next few days!!

    ReplyDelete