Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Chapter

I've really come to love photography. Since Libbie has been home I have found myself taking the kids out for photo shoots, enrolling in online photography and editing classes and taking photos for other families. I have been praying for several months for God to show me if this is something I should pursue. I have a part time job working from home that I is working out great, but I have a need to create. I enjoy decorating, but don't think I'm talented enough to make a living doing it. I've always loved to paint with all mediums, and I have grown to love photography and the art of editing. Many times I do nothing, because I'm afraid... afraid to fail, afraid of rejection, afraid of commitment, afraid of what people might say, afraid of competition, afraid afraid afraid.... but what does his word say about fear. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand Romans 8:15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” It was through much prayer and bible study that I felt lead to start a very small part time business. It was also through his word that I came up with the name.  illuminate photography Eph 5:13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. It's amazing to me what light can do for an image. It can transform a photo from blah to beautiful. I love light and airy photos. I also love that God illuminates his word through the holy spirit so that I can understand what he wants me to see and ultimately do! Webster defines illuminate this way: To make light; to throw light on; to supply with light, literally or figuratively; to brighten. bible.org defines illuminate this way:Illumination can be defined as “the special ministry of the Holy Spirit whereby He enlightens men so they can comprehend the written Word of God.” I wrestled with a name for a long time. I didn't want a cute name or an edgy name. I'm very traditional and almost just went with my name, but when I came across illuminate... I knew I had the name. I actually had business cards and some marketing design done last week. This morning during church our pastor must have used the word illuminate a dozen times. Lambert and I looked at each other and knew that illuminate was an answer to prayer. All the what ifs and fear that I have all come from my head. I have to cling to what i know and that's the promises of his word. I don't know successful this business will be or if it will take off at all, but I have a peace about moving forward so that's what I will do. One step (click) at a time in faith. I thought I would share my first little marketing flyer... I will probably still tweak it, but I love the colors. Spring_Fling_Marketing Spring_Fling_Front Spring_FLing_Back_1 DSC_9795 DSC_9809 i love his toes DSC_9844 DSC_9847 DSC_9872 DSC_9819 DSC_9828 DSC_9814 DSC_9866 I bought this little dress in Indiana at an antique store. Its very light and gauzy and I really hoped it would fit her. I just know it used to belong to a little amish girl... or so I can dream!

6 comments:

  1. You are a natural!!! You are going to do great!!!! I love everyone of those pictures.....Libbie is a doll but Owen melted my heart in the ones above!!!
    Good Luck but I know you won't need it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Good for you! And I love the name of your little side business and how the Lord revealed it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome testimony! Thanks for sharing! I love the photos. The flier looks great too! The colors ARE perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very motivating words! I also love the picture with the chocolate bunny... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! This is so exciting...you are going to be fabulous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I needed to READ this post! You hit the "nail on the head"!! I as well FEAR all what you said. Photography is such a competitive business. I have always loved it, even bought a very nice camera, BUT...I'm intimidated by it! Intimidated when I see others fabulous pictures. I feel "mine are mediocre"! Sad isn't it! I love THE NAME and the explanation on how you arrived on it. You are gonna do wonderful!! I love the Easter pics of the kids!!Libbie's hat and dress are just ADORABLE!!! I love little dresses like that!!

    ReplyDelete