Wednesday, July 4, 2012

God Bless America, My Home Sweet Home

Happy 4th of July~! We had plans to spend the day at the beach and I even got all packed and ready. Lambert made a game plan change at the last minute. He got up early, washed the cars and made his family, his famous homemade waffles. I was good and just had a half :) it took restraint... he is the waffle king! After breakfast I went for a jog around the neighborhood, took a quick shower and then we headed to the movie theatre. We didn't think it would be very busy today.... we were so wrong. Apparently we weren't the only family that hadn't seen Brave yet. (according to Hoot EVERYONE had seen it, but us). After the movie we stopped by a bike shop to purchase Lambert's new bike. I bought him a new Schwinn for Father's Day... but... he is high maintenance when it comes to bikes... We ended up with a new Marin and a Limo seat for The Doll. We had dinner at McCallisters Deli (dad'd choice) and then came home to assemble the bike seat. We took a stroll around the neighborhood. It was a packed day. Hoot did a little skating and Wawa enjoyed driving her Nascar. Lambert had bought a few fireworks hoping his son might be interested this year. Hoot has been terrified of fireworks since he was a baby.. today marked a big day. Hoot held his first sparkler and even stood by while dad shot off a few bottle rockets and smoke bombs. Hoot held his ears and watched from a safe distance, but he did it! Usually he's in the house hiding under the covers. Libbie is a little pyromaniac... fearless. DSC_3463 I love my swing. DSC_3477 DSC_3474 DSC_3479 DSC_3483 I love this picture. What a great day. They wouldn't stop swinging so the pic is a little blurry. I still love it. Sweet babies DSC_3466 No days is complete without a little Nascar DSC_3516 DSC_3519 DSC_3525 The kids had just finished fudge pops... I said it was a good day:) DSC_3497 Look at my brave boy!

1 comment:

  1. GO HOOT!!! Harry will be so proud! I will show him this tomorrow. Remind me to tell you our firework story for the 4th. Darned West U!!!!

    Sorry we could not come out to Bikini Bottom. :)

    Looks like y'all had a GREAT 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete