Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fall At The Vineyard


"Fall in the south is a time for celebrating the fact that we survived the summer~" James T. Farmer All Things Farmer


We were invited to a Grape Stomp today. There is a local vineyard not far from our home. I am so glad we went. I usually don't like taking the kids to "Events" without Lambert with me. But we went and had the best time. A couple friends from school and church met us out there and it was just a beautiful day. The Doll was not about to get in the barrel with those slimy grapes, but Hoot did and he loved it. He is convinced we should sell our home, move to the country and open a vineyard... I know NOTHING about wine and have even been known to add just a dash of Equal or Splenda to my glass. I know, real classy... My mom taught me that trick... what can I say? Maybe Hoot will be a vineyard owner some day!

DSC_2966

DSC_3019

DSC_3041

DSC_3043

Maybe he is meant to be in the wine business
DSC_3044

DSC_2972

DSC_2988

DSC_3008

DSC_3101

DSC_3051
She is a HAM

But not when I ask her to
DSC_3066

DSC_3067

I so inconvenienced her by snapping a few shots.. all she wanted to do was chase her girlfriends
DSC_3072

So I found other subjects to photograph
DSC_3075

DSC_3077

DSC_3079n

DSC_3080
I love these little flowers/weeds... i don't know what they are but i love the little yellow pop in the center.

2 comments:

  1. Dang! I completely forgot about it being the grape stomp this weekend. Grrr! We went to Berryland Farms yesterday. You HAVE to go if you haven't yet. It's in Winnie...fun stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy.We were going to head to Dewberry yesterday but Lambert got really sick.. I think food poison... yuck. Winnie is A Lot closer. I've heard good things... I'll have to check out their hours.

      Delete