Monday, September 6, 2010

Spur of the Moment Road Trip

Sorry the pictures are all over the place... I'm not thinking!
Outlets!
Walton's. I fell in love with creamy colors and vintage look before we even walked in. I didn't want to leave.
Hyatt on the way home..
Thank you Lord that he was asleep... it could have been bad!
Yummy Rice Crispy...
Dreamy
We don't usually do well with spur of the moment (ANYTHING). Lambert thoughtfully plans every detail when we travel. He knows where were going to stop and eat along the way. He plans out what activities we'll do when we get there and fun stops along the way home.... The last time we made a spontaneous road trip, we traveled to San Antonio for the weekend after work one Friday. (this was pre-Hoot). We arrived in San Antonio around 9:00PM, tired and ready to find a room... We pulled into the River Walk Hyatt (w/o reservations)... the reservations clerk looked at us like we had lost our minds... It was George Strait Weekend...Need I say more?? We drove until about 2AM WAY past Austin before we finally found a (MOTEL) to sleep in... We were so exhausted we didn't care where we stayed. Here's a little secret about Lambert... He doesn't recover quickly. The weekend was a disaster!!! He was so cranky, the only thing I wanted to do was get back home. So Saturday when he said, "let's go to Austin." I flashed back to 1997 ( I remember this because it was the weekend Princess Dianna died). I wasn't sure I wanted to go there again. However, I knew Hoot would love to get away. We drove up 290, hit the Outlets, drove through Brenham (Blue Bell was closed... not good) and then headed to Austin. We had lunch at Sandra Bullock's, Walton's Fancy and Staple. I LOVED it. I had a Cesar salad and Lambert had the Monte Cristo... (TOO DIE FOR) It was served with a Strawberry Onion relish that was out of this world. Hoot had the biggest Rice Crispy Treat I've ever seen. After lunch we hung around the park and then decided we would drive back via Hwy 70... We couldn't decide if we wanted to stop in Columbus and go to Splashway Water Park the next day or just come back home... Along the way we passed Hyatt Lost Pines ... Lambert made a U-Turn to see if there was any possible way they might have a room... NO Luck. Thankfully Hoot was asleep or he would have lost it when we had to drive back to the interstate! I must say I was a little bummed too. We stayed the night in Columbus and planned to get up early and hit the water park. We didn't tell Hoot what the plans were (THANK THE LORD). When we woke up the storm clouds were on the horizon so we decided to head back to Houston. We got back home early, lounged around the house, watched Nannie McPhee, played Chutes and Ladders, ate a little home made pizza and now were winding down! I hope everyone had a restful Labor Day weekend with the ones you cherish most.

1 Corinthians 15:58Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl!! That sounds fun....as much as I love my big family I do miss being spontanious and just driving until you find where you want to stay!! Ours have to be WELL planned out now!! LOL!!! We do need to get together for dinner soon....Marc is traveling a lot this week and our homestudy is Sunday but maybe next week??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! Walton's looks like a place I would LOVE to stop in too!!
    Thanks for all the sweet comments on my blog! You left me a message awhile back about our adoption process...if you ever have any questions or need to chat...just email!!

    ReplyDelete