Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My First Photo Session

I was fortunate to shoot a graduating senior from my church a few weeks back. I felt very blessed to shoot this kid. He has accomplished so much in the last 6 months. You may recognize him from Dateline http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/400-pound-teen-opts-gastric-bypass-14469393. We have had the blessing to get to know Nick and his family through our church. They are such a sweet sweet family and have really been a blessing to us. Libbie immediately bonded with Nick when we came home from China. Nick's mom works in our church nursery and Libbie decided to like her too (i think because Nick liked her). Nick's mom arranged meals for us after Libbie's last surgery. We had enough food to feed the neighborhood and it was very much appreciated. I really want to start a part time photography business, so I asked Nick to be my model... He obliged and so did his mom and brother. They were such a fun family to shoot and we had a great time. Nick is on the swim team at his high school so I'm going to get some water shots in the next couple of weeks. I just wanted to share these with my photography friends. All of you have been very encouraging and have given me some awesome tips, advice and pointers. Who knows where this will lead, but I have been praying for months for God to open a door for me. As you know I have a love of the camera and I just felt I might be able to do this! So I'm taking appointments and starting out REALLY cheap! If you know of anyone looking for family photos, senior portraits, engagement photos, birth announcements etc... send them my way if they are in the Houston area. (they have to be okay working with a rookie) I love they way these turned out. DSC_8230 Copy of DSC_8241 DSC_8406 DSC_8431 Copy of DSC_8204 DSC_8410 He is really shy and reserved!!! Copy of DSC_8063 DSC_8129

7 comments:

  1. You did a GREAT GREAT GREAT job Shelly!!! You really captured him. So proud of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job on all of them, Shelly!!! They must be so pleased.
    He looks like a great young man...

    hugs,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you are forging ahead with your photography Shelly!!! You did a wonderful job.

    Hope all is well and that Miss Libbie is recovering quickly!

    xo,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome personality you have captured on film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one of him yelling is really different. I don't think I've saw a shot like that and I like it (on a guy).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job!!! I so wanna do this, but I get sooo intimidated!! I'm still not at that point yet! Love your processing on the pics!!

    ReplyDelete