Friday, June 14, 2013

Posting Frenzy!

Florabella2


Feeling Crazy~~~ I think now that I have 80 whopping followers I'm inspired to post... I don't know why. Tonight I made the best ever Asian chicken wraps. They were delish I could hardly stand it. Recipe at bottom of post. I was feeling overly domestic due to a recent late spring cleaning I did. I decided it was time to clean out and clear out and it feels great. Our family room felt crowded and cluttered and no matter how much I cleaned, it still felt un-kept. I think I had too much furniture/accessories in the room. what's a girl to do? get to work! I eliminated several treasures from the room and it feels much better. Lambert came home and asked where his ottoman was... so sorry. I decided that less can be more. And fresh cut flowers pull it all together without being over powering.(like the ottoman) After the cleaning... I pulled a favorite recipe book out (Peace Meals) a collection from the ladies of The Houston Junior League. A sweet friend gave me this book several years back as a Christmas gift. I usually pull it out around the holidays, but thought I would give it a looksy and found this wonderful recipe. My wraps didn't look as good as the picture in the book so I stole theirs. I even used the white butcher paper, but their pic looked MUCH better. Like I said I'm still working on my culinary photography skills. The finished product was delightful, but do you think my family liked it? I can tell you the answer is NO... I have the pickiest family on planet earth. It was fresh and crisp. The sauce was sweet and sour... Any my family just looked at me with sour faces. I finished mine and wanted seconds, but refrained. The rest of my crew went to Chick~Fil~A... I'm telling you if it doesn't come from a restaurant or box... they don't like. I'm trying to eat at home more often and prepare healthier foods for my family. My husband is the instigator. I think my littles would eat what I prepare (because they do for lunch) but when Lambert gives "the look"... they, almost on cue, turn up their noses. If it was up to me, I would make them eat it... How can a mom compete with ole Truett? So if you have a normal family that eats more than strictly box prepared full of preservatives food... try this one.

Enjoy~
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 large clove garlic-minced
1 tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch strips
1 lime (squeezed)
Flour tortillas
1/2 cup prepared hoisin sauce
3-4 green onions chopped
1/2 bunch green leaf lettuce chopped fine
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup peeled and grated cucumber

Heat the oil, red pepper and garlic in a large skillet over med. heat. Add the ginger and chicken. Saute' until cooked through and the juices run clear about 7 mins. Squeeze the lime over the cooked chicken and remove from heat. Warm the tortillas one at time. I heat mine right over the gas flame on my cook top... (its the best). top each tortilla with the sauce, onions, lettuce, chicken, etc... and roll tightly. Secure the wraps with tooth pics and cut on the diagonal to serve...

Lambert just asked me if I was posting the recipe for disaster.... Jerk. I think he forgot Father's Day is Sunday. I may prepare this for Father's Day Dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment