Friday, May 14, 2010

Good Friday

Photo from Google Images
Well it was a rough Friday, actually a rough week for me. so I thought I would post about Abraham. He was good. What an amazing journey God took him on. He was so faithful and followed God's instructions even without clear answers. Think about this... God instructed Abraham to leave his family with his wife and nephew and all his wealth and set out for a foreign land. The bible says Abraham did as God told him. He left, without a map to guide him or GPS to show him the way. He trusted that God would lead him as he said he would. He also trusted that God would bring him a son when he and Sarah were at a RIPE OLD age and God did. Abraham called him Issac as the Lord instructed. Next comes the unfathomable. God told Abraham to offer Issac as a burnt offering and Abraham faithfully obeyed the Lord. He didn't waiver. He didn't come up with his own plan, or alternative plan... he just did exactly what God called him to do. He fully trusted in God.. As I was reading this today, I was so impressed by his unwavering faith. I was even more in awe at what Abraham said to his servants when he was ready to go up to the hill and slay his one and only son... he told the servants to stay behind while he and his son went up the hill to worship.. then he says to them... We will worship and WE will come back to you. It amazes me that he trusted his Father so much that he knew God had a plan and that together he and his son would come back to the servants. That is BOLD faith if you ask me. How often, I start out faithful to God and then customize God's instructions to fit my plans... I'm asking God for bold faith this good Friday and my prayer is that I will step out and follow where He leads.


Matthew 17:20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

1 comment: