Monday, May 10, 2010

Sweet Baby Girl Shower

I made these white chocolate baby bear lollipops and placed them in a footed bowl filled with Whoppers!! YUM YUM YUM
We enjoyed gliding in the breeze on this Indiana treasure, adorned with a new shabby cushion and a fresh coat of Heirloom White paint.


I got the idea for pink pom pom flowers from Southern Butter and Martha Stewart. They were so easy to make and Lambert even helped!

these plates were my dear great grandma Edna's. They were perfect for this shower. I don't get to use them often so I was thrilled to pull them from the cabinet, hand wash in soapy water, and proudly serve some delicious hors d'oeurves on them.

This picture didn't turn out great. These were silver baby cups and rattles hanging from my dining room chandelier by pink satin ribbons. It was so much fun to host a baby shower for a sweet sweet mama for a precious baby girl that's on her way! We had pink fluff everywhere. I can't believe I didn't get a photo of the cake. It was a pink baby bishops dress that was too die for! The pictures don't do the shower justice. it was such a beautiful day to celebrate new life. The shower was a surprise for the mommy. She was supposed to arrive at 9:30 and at 10:00 she still wasn't there. We told her it was a little ladies retreat reunion get together. Her sister in law called her to ask if she was coming. She said, we just woke up and the boys are tired. I don't think were going to make it.... YIKES I had a house full of her friends and family and a lot of good food and beautiful gifts!! So, we called her back and begged her to come. She arrived around 11:00 and was totally shocked. This is her third baby so she was not expecting a shower. It was so much fun showering her with girly outfits and pink EVERYTHING!!
Psalm 100 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. 2 Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. 3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his [a] ;we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.





2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the chandelier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of hanging the silver cups and rattles! Dreamy. :)

    I'm hosting my friend's bridal shower on Saturday and it's supposed to be outdoors, but has been raining all stinking week! Hmph.

    ReplyDelete