Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Great Provider


Sunday night was a very strange evening for us. We had several things happen that made us both feel like we were in the Twilight Zone... After our Sunday night small group we had a couple of errands to run. Lambert and Hoot weren't feeling well so I wanted to run into Walgreen's for allergy/sinus meds. First we swung by McDonald's (I know... Mother Of The Year...) for a happy meal. After that I ran in for the meds and when I came out Hoot was wailing in the back seat. Hang with me there is a point to my madness. I asked why he was crying. Apparently two men came up to the truck while I was inside and Lambert told them he didn't have any cash. They replied that they didn't want money they were just two hungry old men... Well Lambert happened to have two complete Happy Meals (he bought one for himself too) Hoot had already taken his toy out, but he was really looking forward to those nuggets... So when Lambert handed over the happy meals, Hoot was devastated... He cried BIG alligator tears and went on about how hungry he was... So, my point... Hoot couldn't see past the fact that daddy had just given away his dinner... He couldn't see that Dad would not let him go hungry and that he would take him back to McDonald's and provide another happy meal... He couldn't see that daddy loved him so much that he would never not meet his needs. How often I do this with my Heavenly Father. I don't want to give up what I claim as my own, for fear that I will do without... I can't see past the storm that he is going to bring me through. I can't see past the suffering, or the hurt to see the BIG picture. It just hit me there in the Twilight Zone... my Abba Father knows McDonald's is right around the corner and He has the mighty means to provide another happy meal. So when we got home... Hoot says as he's devouring his meal... Look Daddy, I got an extra toy! More times than not when I'm obedient to what God has called me to do, or give up what He's asked me to, I get a double blessing too!
Blessings, SAL

Matthew 6:
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[
b]?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

2 comments:

  1. What a great story. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this story!!!! It won't let me comment on the Sex and the City one but I LOVED that movie too....laughed till I cried...even though it is trashy. We all can stand a little trashy sometimes!! LOL
    I love the stuff you have below....I am going to email you a little girls room that Libbie would look great in!!!
    BTW- Krista is great....she is one of the funniest people I know and has a HUGE heart!!!!

    ReplyDelete