Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Right Decesion

DSC_1854

This song has played over and over in my head. These were the words that came to me in China. Step out...what if? unknown, Doubt, take the first step... He won't let you go... i am forever thankful that we did indeed step out and not let the fear grip us into making a really dumb decision. We are reciving blessing after blessing for stepping out.

Walk On The Water lyrics
Songwriters: Crosby, Josh; Muckala, Dan; Waddell, Brittany Nicole;

You look around, staring back at you
Another wave of doubt, will it pull you under? You wonder
What if I'm overtaken? What if I never make it?
What if no one's there? Will You hear my prayer?

When you take that first step into the unknown
You know that He won't let you go

So what are you waiting for? What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities, they try to hold to you
But you know you're made for more, so don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all it takes, and you can walk on the water, too

So get out, and let your fear fall to the ground
No time to waste, don't wait, and don't you turn around and miss out
Everything you were made for, I know you're not sure
So you play it safe, you try to run away

If you take that first step into the unknown
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/b/britt-nicole-lyrics/walk-on-the-water-lyrics.html ]
He won't let you go

So what are you waiting for? What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities, they try to hold to you
But you know you're made for more, so don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all it takes, and you can walk on the water, too

Step out, even when it's storming
Step out, even when you're broken
Step out, even when your heart is telling you
Telling you to give up

Step out, when your hope is stolen
Step out, you can't see where you're going
You don't have to be afraid
So what are you waiting, what are you waiting for?

I also recently came across these words of wisdom from another blogger momma!

"As a mother with small children, life can get very hectic, can’t it? One of my thoughts when things seemed to be out of control was “I just can’t take another thing!” Ever find yourself there?


I learned the key to conquering those feelings was what was happening between my ears………..in my mind. You see that’s where the battle is won or lost. What we think determines what we do. There is a reason that scripture says we are to be renewed in our minds; to fill our hearts with scripture that our way may be preserved, that we might walk in truth. I began to learn that when I let my heart/mind play lies over and over again like, “I just can’t take this” or “I don’t feel like doing anything today”–that would lead to wrong actions/responses on my part. But when I meditated on the truth of God’s Word that in Him I can do all things and that He promised never to give me more than I can bear, victory was mine!"

It was all we could do to get through church this morning without weaping. It felt so great to be able to worship in a free country. We are thankful for free will and His greatness. To know that we were surrounded by those who supported us while we were gone and have prayed for us every step of the way took our breath away. It was a little hard to sing without falling apart. We are so thankful for our church family and to be home!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Shelly! And one I really needed to read today. Than you for touching my soul this morning. I love the sight of Libbie HUGE smile! And so glad you made it to church. I will NEVER forget the first time I took kate to church. it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful post that came to me at just the right moment. Thanks for sharing your beautiful heart and story.

    ReplyDelete